-->

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Review of Deadletters by JP Reese

I shuddered off the first poem of profound sadness, set in an abortion clinic, then scanned the second poem of damaged childhood, then glimpsed at the third poem of spousal estrangement, then passed over the fourth poem of lost innocence, then, moving through other equally painful-looking pieces, I found and quickly shunned the poem of famous suicides. Not my cup of tea, I thought, starting to put aside this poetic collection entitled Deadletters by JP Reese. But… in fairness I returned to the opening poem, Orphelia, and read it in its entirety. It was damnably good and floored me with its complex profundity, perfect pitch, and intelligence. So here’s my review. for more of my review go here: http://dougholder.blogspot.com/2013/12/deadletters-by-jp-reese.html

No comments:

Post a Comment