-->

Search This Blog

Friday, June 27, 2014

Review of My South By Southwest--A Cast Iron Tempo Recollection by Elizabeth Akin Stelling

I rode in with a posse of northeastern elites ready to make short work of any outlaw poet espousing a “cowboy” perception of all things human. Reckon us artsy-fartsy, highfalutin folk can’t abide shit-kickers, firing their guns in the air after writing a poetic memoir extolling the timeless and utterly personal importance of beans and cornbread.

  Days after discarding the unused hangman’s rope and reading My South By Southwest, Elizabeth Akin Stelling’s collection of poems set in rural Texas, in its entirety for the second time I became a believer in, if not cowboy poetry, at least Stelling’s version of this genre. For more of my review go here:  http://foxchasereview.wordpress.com/2014/06/27/my-south-by-southwest-a-cast-iron-tempo-recollection-by-elizabeth-stelling/  or here:  http://dougholder.blogspot.com/2014/07/my-south-by-southwest-cast-iron-tempo.html

No comments:

Post a Comment